Health & Safety Compliancy
NEW Health & Safety Compliancy Training for Early Childhood Providers aligning to the requirements of the amended Public Act (PA) 116 effective from, March 28, 2018.
Ten (10) hours of training in all required topic areas including:
- Prevention and control of infectious diseases (including immunization)
- Prevention of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) and use of safe sleeping practices.
- Administration of medication, consistent with standards for parental consent.
- Prevention of and response to emergencies due to food and allergic reactions.
- Building and physical premises safety, including identification of and protection from hazards that can cause bodily injury such as electrical hazards, bodies of water, and vehicular traffic.
- Prevention of shaken baby syndrome, abusive head trauma and child maltreatment.
- Emergency preparedness and response planning for emergencies resulting from a natural disaster, or a man-caused event (such as violence at a child care facility).
- Handling and storage of hazardous materials and the appropriate disposal of bio contaminants.
- Precautions in transporting children.
- Recognition and reporting of child abuse and neglect.