The October 2017 Newsletter “The Connection” is here!
The 27th Annual Community Sharing for Healthy Caring Conference Registration is NOW open! You will want to register early to select your favorite workshops. This year’s engaging and inspiring keynote speaker is Richard Cohen, M.A.
Zen and the Art of Early Childhood Education
Many of us think of “early childhood” as more than a stage of development or a career choice. Join Richard as he shares his story and elicits the stories of his audience members. Laugh, cry and cheer as we reflect together on why we choose play, why we choose anti-bias work and why we choose to give young children meaningful learning experiences. What does it mean to place ourselves in positions of service? How do we balance our humanity and our professionalism in an ever-changing world? How are we community builders? Get ready for a keynote that will provoke your thinking, engage your emotions and nourish your spirit!
This powerful, fun, thought-provoking keynote address includes music, opportunities for reflection, interactive discussions with the audience about the stresses and triumphs of the early childhood teacher/caregiver, singing, poetry and (believe it or not) dancing in the aisles! Audiences come away cheering, energized and filled with honor for the unique contribution they are to society.
This year we also have over 80 interactive workshops to choose from!
We are proud to announce that the 27th Regional Early Childhood Conference is being sponsored by the Kellogg Family Foundation. Thank you to the Foundation for making early childhood education a priority!
Here is the August “The Connection” for you to enjoy and share!
Click Here to Apply: http://bit.ly/2tI6B8s
Rosebrook Child Development Center of Brighton
7600 Nemco Way, Brighton, MI 48116 (near Target)
Teaching Assistant and Preschool Teaching Assistants
Do you love working with children. Does hearing the sound of children laughing make you smile? Does mentoring a child to become an independent, responsible, caring, and respectful person make you happy? Then you will love working at Rosebrook Child Development Center.
Rosebrook Child Development Center of Brighton believes that mutual respect and building relationships is the key to making our Center a home away from home for its families and staff.
The Rosebrook Center family is looking for someone who is …
- Loves to interact with young children
- Organized and creative
- Loves collaborating in a team environment
- Excellent rapport with families
- Someone who is dependable and will be there for the families and children of our center
- And … LOVES CHILDREN
Job Requirements include:
- Assisting lead teachers with the day to day operations of the classroom
- Executing lesson plans/activities assigned by the lead teacher
- Observe children daily and assess skills, interest and needs to facilitate growth
- Maintain a well-organized classroom
- Establish a positive relationship with children’s families and communicate daily about their child’s day
- Participate in staff meetings, center activities & staff development
- Knows how to have fun!
Candidates must pass a Michigan criminal background check, State of Michigan Child Abuse and Neglect background check and willing to obtain the following:
- Tb Test
- Blood Borne Pathogen Training
- Shaken Baby and Safe Sleep Training
- CPR & First Aid
- Child Care Experience: 2 years
Enjoy the video highlighting the 2017 Genesee County CDA Program:
“The Connection” is ready for you to enjoy and share.