A Regional Early Childhood Conference
Celebrating 27 years of Early Childhood Learning in partnership with the Kellogg Family Foundation
SAVE THE DATE: November 11, 2017 – 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Howell High School Campus 1200 W. Grand River • Howell, Michigan 48843
The Conference At-A-Glance
7:15 – 8:15 AM Registration & SCECH Sign In
8:15 – 8:20 AM Welcome Address
8:20 – 9:45 AM Keynote Address
9:55-11:15 AMSession I
11:15 – 11:50 PMLunch I
11:50 – 12:25 PMLunch II
12:25 – 1:25 PMAfternoon Keynote
1:25 – 1:35 PMBreak
1:35 – 2:55 PMSession II
2:55 – 3:05 PMBreak
3:05 – 4:30 PMSession III
- Peggy Hall, Chairperson, Child Connect for Family Success
- JoAnn Cook, Child Connect for Family Success
- Lori Gnegy, LESA-Early Childhood Programs
- Cathy Hengesbaugh, Howell Public Schools, Facility Chairperson
- Lisa Jurczak, Child Connect for Family Success
- Becky Price, Child Connect for Family Success
Who Should Attend?
- Child Care Personnel
- Church and Community Representatives
- County Commissioners
- Health Educators
- Home Economists
- Human Services Personnel
- Law Enforcement Personnel
- Program Directors
- Social Workers
- Unlicensed Providers
Of Special Interest
- Participants earn 6 clock hours of training, Earn 6 SCECH (State Continuing Education Clock Hours) if approved*. SCECHs made available at no charge as a service of LESA.
- Exhibitors and Vendors ~ An area will be designated for display from vendors.
- Registration is Limited ~ You will not receive further registration information prior to the conference. Unless you are notified by the committee, your registration was accepted.
- Meals Included ~ A continental breakfast, lunch and beverages are included in registration fee.
- Make checks payable to Child Connect for Family Success.
- Refund of registration fee will be made only upon receipt of written request postmarked no later than October 28, 2016 and a $5 processing fee will be deducted from all refunds.
The Conference Workshops
A word of Explanation
The conference workshops have been designed to appeal to many different groups. Each workshop is coded as listed below to indicate targeted area.
N=New Workshop R=Repeat Workshop from Previous Year (A)Advocacy (ADMIN) Administrative (B)Business (CC)Child Care (CD)Child Development (IT)Infant Toddler (M)Medical (PE)Parent Education (PR)Prevention (SA)School Age
Please note 3 preferred workshop options for each session to complete the online registration
Tap/Click to Expand Session Information
An Exciting Raffle Opportunity
Just include $5.00 for a raffle ticket or $12.00 for 3 raffle tickets with your conference registration fee. The tickets you purchase will be given to you with your registration packet at the conference. Extra tickets can also be purchased “day of” conference. Prizes would make great holiday gifts!
You can also phone Child Connect for Family Success at 517-548-9112 to purchase tickets prior to the conference and up until the drawing at 9:30 A.M. on December 13, 2016. You need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by phone and posted on our website at www.childconnectmi.org
Download Full Brochure For Reference & Mail-in Registration
*State Continuing Education Clock Hours ~ To apply for the SCECH, indicate that on your registration form. You will need a valid e-mail address to keep and maintain SCECHs. At the conference you must sign in and fill out paperwork for the SCECH before the keynote session begins. You will be required to have the presenter’s initials for all sessions. If you do not have verification, arrive late, or leave the conference early, you will not receive the SCECH. No exceptions will be made.